Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in TU FICOs

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Difference in TU FICOs

I know there are at least 3 versions of TU FICO: 98, 04 and 08. Plus, a CC-enhanced.

I'm wondering what is the major differences between the main 3. I read a post here recently that described the differences, which ones put more emphasis on what, etc. I should have noted the info, but didn't. (I think it was by Marine Vet, but I could be mistaken. I've used the search function with different keywords and couldn't find the post.)

My TU FICO just jumped and I'd like to have an idea of which versions tend to be higher or lower than the others. I know there are exceptions, that's why it would also help to know which version is looking for what on the CR.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Difference in TU FICOs

@bichonmom wrote:

I know there are at least 3 versions of TU FICO: 98, 04 and 08. Plus, a CC-enhanced.

I'm wondering what is the major differences between the main 3. I read a post here recently that described the differences, which ones put more emphasis on what, etc. I should have noted the info, but didn't. (I think it was by Marine Vet, but I could be mistaken. I've used the search function with different keywords and couldn't find the post.)

My TU FICO just jumped and I'd like to have an idea of which versions tend to be higher or lower than the others. I know there are exceptions, that's why it would also help to know which version is looking for what on the CR.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

I did post this a few weeks ago about some of the aspects of FICO08 compared to older versions:

* What it does differently from prior models is it scores AU TL's in a slightly different manner than joint or individual TL's.  As a result, for example, if all of your TL's are AU's, you're not likely to score as high as if the same TL's were joint/individual.

* FICO 8 is more lenient toward the rare missed payment. A "one-time mis-happening in terms of delinquency" doesn't penalize the score as much compared to previous models. The flip side is that if that happens quite often they actually get penalized more than in the prior versions.

* In addition, FICO 8 ignores small debts in collections and public record items that have an original balance of less than $100.

* The new FICO score is more sensitive to high credit usage than earlier models. In other words, if you max out your cards, your FICO score will lose more points than it would have in the past.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 3
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Difference in TU FICOs

That's it! Thank you Smiley Happy My one collection finally fell off, and my Walmart TU jumped over 100 pts., so I was wondering what I could expect on other versions of TU.
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.