Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between scoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Differences between scoring

If I were to say apply for a mortgage, even though I know I'm not going to get approved would they have to give me my scores.  I already have alot of inquiries, so that isn't going to hurt it anymore, but then maybe I could at least know if it's higher or lower and have some idea of where to go.  I feel like I'm blindfolded and have no clue if its 620 or 550.

Message 11 of 21
GregB
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know how diffrent the TU score tends to be from here?  If its close and I can get both scores here over 640 then at least I know they would go with the middle so it would be over 640...or is there anywhere I can buy the acual FICO 2004 classic score?   Then I could at least have two of the three scores they would use.

A number of us have been considering using mycreditplan.org, which supposedly gives you all three scores that you want. Their site has just gone from beta version to live and still clearly has numerous issues that concern people. The entry price is a bit steep so it isn't going to be the "solution" for most people. I think I'm going to try it but am going to wait until the period when all three of my reports will have the same data, which occurs between the 3rd-11th of each month. If I go ahead, I will post my experiences.

For just the basic score there is a $24.95 sign up fee and $249.95 for one year of all three scores each month. You can sign up for less scores per year but it still is not cheap. If you need those scores, perhaps it is worth it.

I'm sure there are many on this site that are waiting for when myFICO offers a similar service. I would much prefer sticking with myFICO, particularly since it wouldn't really replace ScoreWatch. Also, we owe a huge debt to myFICO for providing this forum.

Message 12 of 21
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If I were to say apply for a mortgage, even though I know I'm not going to get approved would they have to give me my scores.  I already have alot of inquiries, so that isn't going to hurt it anymore, but then maybe I could at least know if it's higher or lower and have some idea of where to go.  I feel like I'm blindfolded and have no clue if its 620 or 550.

Yes this is one way to get all of your scores. At least you would know exactly where you stand. If it was me I'd wait a year or so and work on my scores and that way I'd be more confident that I would pass this part of the process with no problem.

Plus the better your scores the less you'll probably pay in interest and that could save lots of money over the life of the loan.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

With a USDA direct loan the intrest rate is actually decided by your income, not your score.  You just need a min of 640 to qualify, so the mid range score would have to be 640 or higher.  Buying through them would actually significantly reduce my monthly housing payment vs renting.  That is why I'd like to apply as soon as I qualify.  I am hoping I can be up that high w/in 6 months or so.  my current FICO EQ is 620 so that is one score they would use.  I need to get that up 20 points.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked at mycreditplan.org.  I am thinking of trying that, it doesn't seem to expensive.  I couldn't find any info on what score model they were using if its the FICO 2004 or 98...

Message 15 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I looked at mycreditplan.org.  I am thinking of trying that, it doesn't seem to expensive.  I couldn't find any info on what score model they were using if its the FICO 2004 or 98...

04 for TU.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect.  Thank you!

Message 17 of 21
GregB
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It is EXACTLY the scores you need for virtually any mortgage:

EQ Beacon 5.0

TU FICO Classic 04

EX Fair Issac II

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay!  Def worth it then.  I just had a collection account taken off my TU today, and I know the others should soon follow (the CA requested the removal b/c they could not VA).  I'll wait until sometime next week when they are off and pull it.  I'm just glad to have finally found someplace to get the info!

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried that website, but I couldn't get my order to go through.  I couldn't find any contact information on the website either;(  I bought my updated TU FICO, and it is saying 644 (which oddly is very close to my vantage score of 647).  The lender is saying it is under 640 with the formula they use thoughSmiley Sad  I might not have any choice but to apply through a company that will give me their scoreSmiley Sad

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.