cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences in accounts reported and balances (18k difference) should I let them know about it?

tag
moods
Valued Member

Differences in accounts reported and balances (18k difference) should I let them know about it?

Score ---------681-----665-------632
----------------TU-------EX--------EQ
Total Accounts 22--------23--------24
Open Accounts 18--------19--------20
Closed Accounts 4---------4---------4
Delinquent -------0--------0---------0
Derogatory-------0--------0---------0
Balances---------46752---27759-----40956
Public Records----0--------0---------0
Inquires 2 years --4------10--------25

Should I let Experian know about my 14k lease account difference and whatever 4 k they missed. Also they all have an account listed as open that does not exist anymore and is the big difference between all of the scores is the fact that I had 25 inquires with EQ?

Also score for EQ on myfico is 626 but TU credit watch says 636 both pulled same day. 
Message Edited by moods on 10-09-2008 09:58 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Differences in accounts reported and balances (18k difference) should I let them know about it?

This is a layout from TC. Ignore the scores. Forget about them. They are not real. If you  were to pull your FICO scores on the same day you'll see something totally different.

No, don't let them know. It this from a loan or new account? It is a big chunk.

Inquiries last for 2 yrs and you have 25 on EQ. But FICO only reads them for the first year, so you'd have to take the ones out from 2006-2007 (Oct.)

Your EQ and TU are different because there is different info on both and a different formula is used.

Message 2 of 6
moods
Valued Member

Re: Differences in accounts reported and balances (18k difference) should I let them know about it?

its a lease account, I noticed it says high balance of around 64K but the balance is only 14k, wonder why
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@moods wrote:
its a lease account, I noticed it says high balance of around 64K but the balance is only 14k, wonder why

I'd leave the lease as is if you think it is younger than your AAoA. Adding it could hurt your score.

Did you ever owe $64k at the start of the lease? If not, then maybe it was a typo but in your favor. Creditors may see than and see that you had the ability to pay on a $64k obligation. Also, we all know about revolving utilization, but there is also an installment utilization. The scoring component of this is very small and minor, but often the perceived "CL" of the account is the "high balance" or the starting balance of a loan.

Message 4 of 6
moods
Valued Member

do you know if the an 11k line of credit (which i maxed out at 10K) will act the same way on utilization as with CC's utilz?
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@moods wrote:
do you know if the an 11k line of credit (which i maxed out at 10K) will act the same way on utilization as with CC's utilz?

LOCs should be reporting as revolving, rather than installment, and have a heavy weight on your score.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.