court316

Differences in scoring agencies

[ Edited ]
I will be buying  a new car soon.  When I start checking my credit scores I have noticed that there is a wide range of scores depending on which website I check.  For instance if I run my credit score on Equifax.com and then run the same score from Idenity Guard, True Credit, etc. and only look at the score for Equifax they are very different.  Sometimes even 100 points.   And all are for Equifax!!  How do I know which agency is going to be used (and therefore which Equifax score the lender will see) when I go to purchase a car???

Message Edited by court316 on 09-14-2007 05:32 AM
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Differences in scoring agencies

I would begin with the credit scoring 101 thread!

For auto-enhanced scoring info

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Valued Contributor
TheNewWorldMan

The people who invented credit scoring must have been avid Dungeons and Dragons players. To calculate your score, they run their formula, then toss one red and three white d20s. If the red result is odd, they add the sum of the white d20s to your credit score. If the red die comes up even, the white d20s are subtracted.
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...
Established Member
gizmocruz

My Equifax is really depressing me to no end...I had four baddies deleted and my score DROPPED 65 points. Same baddies deleted off TransU and Experian, scores went up 35 points and 28 points, respectively.  :smileysad:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}