cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Companies Providing Credit Score?

tag
freeurmind
Valued Member

Different Companies Providing Credit Score?

Im a bit confused, I use creditchecktotal.com to check my score. My EQ score there was 652 recently but my score with MyFico.com says its 630. I want to know which company is legit. Can anyone help? 

Starting Score: EQ 630 On 02/05/13 TU 695 on 02/20/13
Current Score: EQ 679 On 02/16/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Different Companies Providing Credit Score?

Creditchecktotal offers scores but they aren't FICO scores. They are a non-FICO score (we call them a FAKO) called a PLUS score. If you look in CCT's Terms and Conditions, it says that lenders don't use that score and it's for educational purposes only. I've used CCT too in the past. While the scores and advice are useless, the report content is good.

Message 2 of 5
freeurmind
Valued Member

Thank You for clearing that up for me. I'll make sure to ditch them and stay here besides I've learned so much its worth the money. 

Starting Score: EQ 630 On 02/05/13 TU 695 on 02/20/13
Current Score: EQ 679 On 02/16/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Those types of credit services are still good to see whats in your credit report since its cheaper to buy, but take the scores from them with a grain of salt.

I use Discovers score tracker for my daily EX FAKO scores and credit report trends.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chnceit wrote:

Those types of credit services are still good to see whats in your credit report since its cheaper to buy, but take the scores from them with a grain of salt.

I use Discovers score tracker for my daily EX FAKO scores and credit report trends.

I've tried to use that service from Discover and it says it's unavailable. Do I need to call a rep and have it activated?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.