New Visitor
trashman

Different Scoring Agencies

Why is it that I can go to freecreditreport.com and my scores are different than the scores from fico?  My experian score is a 739 at fcr.com but with fico it is 692.  Also when my scores are pulled from different creditors, who do they request this report from.  Does not make a whole lot of sense to me.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Different Scoring Agencies

The credit scoring 101 thread should answer this!

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-22-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 815
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

FAKO's
New Contributor
FICOnater2007

See the thread I posted at:

FreeCreditReport.com is the biggest FAKO out there.  If you want to use them as a starting point (i.e. a cheap way to pull your scores and monitor changes) that's okay.  But for the truth about your FICO scores you'll best find that here at www.myfico.com .

Keep your chin up and fight the good fight....

FICOnater2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+