New Visitor
cmadtmifyb0623

Different credit scores on myFICO than on a credit card denial letter?

I recently applied for the Barclaycard Rewards Card for Average Credit and was denied. In the letter I received in the mail it said my Experian score is 648 but my Experian score on myFICO as of yesterday (03/19/14) was 667. Which is the accurate score? Theres no way my score increased due to a hard pull in 7 days.

09Lexie

Re: Different credit scores on myFICO than on a credit card denial letter?

Both scores are accurate.  Lenders can use different models ie bankcard enhanced for their UW.

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
user5387

Re: Different credit scores on myFICO than on a credit card denial letter?

The EX on this site is EX 08.

I don't know which version of EX Barclay pulled, but if it's not EX 08, then it likely won't match.

Or if there is a time lag between the two score calculations, then they may not match.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+