Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different effects of same actions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different effects of same actions

Wife's EQ Fico is 599. I've seen dormant accounts with a $0 balance report a (legitimate) balance, balance increases (below 10%), new inquiries show up, and new account opens report and her score stays 599.

My EQ Fico is 701, and has dropped 7-15 points for each one of those. Hopefully it'll jump once Citibank reports (around Jan 5) my new balance of just over $1k (9% util) down from 50% util last month.

The wife did lose a few points when that balance hit her reports as an AU, but Citi never updated her EQ report when I took her off. Oh well, I'll probably just put her back on now that the balance is down.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Different effects of same actions

The two of you started with a 102-point difference. Probably her credit profile "needed" some new, clean accounts, so her score didn't drop. Your credit profile didn't, so your score dropped.

Same thing happened when my youngest got her second CC. In fact, her scores increased.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.