Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different fico score acorss bureaus

tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Different fico score acorss bureaus

Hi guys,i got my TU and EX FICO score almost same, 710 and 701,however my EQ's score lag far behind at 630,any one know possible reason for the difference? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Different fico score acorss bureaus

@bigbang91 wrote:

Hi guys,i got my TU and EX FICO score almost same, 710 and 701,however my EQ's score lag far behind at 630,any one know possible reason for the difference? 

70 points usually is a difference in the report data.

I'd look through each report carefully (the 3B view actually does a nice job of breaking that down in my opinion) and see if there's an extra derogatory or if you're missing credit history on the EQ report.

Only other thing I could think of would be if you have disputes on TU/EX and not EQ or vice versa, even massive inquiries on EQ shouldn't make that much of a disparity though it would cause some.  My own EQ tracks 20 below my other scores with nearly identical information so there is some variance, but 70 is a lot.

        
Message 2 of 4
bigbang91
Established Contributor

My EQ report same as Ex for oldest account as 3.5 years, TU oldest 8 yrs. 8 INQ WITHIN 3 MONTHS, SAME AS TU, due to stupid car loan. Maybe thats why? Sort AaoA+massive inq on EQ

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@bigbang91 wrote:

My EQ report same as Ex for oldest account as 3.5 years, TU oldest 8 yrs. 8 INQ WITHIN 3 MONTHS, SAME AS TU, due to stupid car loan. Maybe thats why? Sort AaoA+massive inq on EQ

Could be, if you napkin math out AAOA for each of the two do you come up with a big difference?

Also while I think FICO 8 was supposed to be closer to the same if the data was line item identical based on the marketing releases, I think they still count some things differently between the bureaus.  

Look at the individual tradelines if you haven't done so already, as that's where I'd expect differnces to be honestly for that large of a difference... my files are pretty much identical though with more recent inquiries on EQ and I'm 20-25 points down from TU/EX on FICO 8.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.