Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different scores same credit agency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different scores same credit agency

I have a question about why do I have three different credit scores issued by the same credit agaency.

Just signed up for myFICO score, it's says Equifax FICO score is 724.

My Equifax account at equifax.com says score is 691.

Then my credit monitor through bank by Experian says my Equifax score is 763.

So who is giving me the most accurate credit score that a lender will pull?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Different scores same credit agency

Welcome!

The score from myFICO.com is a FICO. Specifically it is a Beacon 5.0 EQ FICO and used by almost all mortgage lenders out there. 

The score purchased from Equifax.com is not a FICO score. It is a non-FICO (we call them FAKOs) score called an "Equifax Credit Score". There are no lenders anywhere that use this score.

And the score purchased from your Experian-based service is not a FICO score. It's a FAKO likely called a PLUS score. No lenders use it.

The scores are different because the score ranges are different and they factor in different stuff.

Message 2 of 5
beb86
Valued Contributor

Welcome to myFICO,

This bit is kinda confusing but here we go.

The scores you get from the three CRAs (TU, EQ, EX) are what we call FAKOS, not your FICO scores that most lenders use. 

Even with FICO there are many variants of scoring models FICO 2, Beacon 5, TU 98 (myfico) TU 04 (what most lenders use) TU 08 (what you get from walmart), etc....

There are also many other places you can get your credit scores, CS, CK, Credit Inform, credit.com...etc but these are FAKOs,  myFICO is one of very few places you can buy your real TU and EQ FICO scores... EX FICOs are not available for purchase since 2009 even though a few CUs will offer a monthly EX FICO..

Hope this helps...

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Hello, the explanation's above pretty much sum it up.   There are many different scores available to you, some are used by lenders, some not.  Some say they are for educational purposes only and may not be the same as those pulled by lenders.  As said, we call those FAKOS.   The general rule is a FAKO is +/- 200 points of your actual FICO.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

In trying to account for the difference what type of loan was it the lender pull your credit report for? Auto, home credit card etc.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.