Differing Bureau FICO's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Differing Bureau FICO's?

I have noticed that some people post 3 different FICO scores at the

bottom of their posts. Such as:

EQ-???, TU-???, Ex???

I thought that there is only 1 true FICO score no matter which bureau you use.

So, shouldn't all three numbers be the same, or are these FAKO numbers that they

are citing?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Differing Bureau FICO's?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have noticed that some people post 3 different FICO scores at the

bottom of their posts. Such as:

EQ-???, TU-???, Ex???

I thought that there is only 1 true FICO score no matter which bureau you use.

So, shouldn't all three numbers be the same, or are these FAKO numbers that they

are citing?

There is a FICO score generated for all three credit reports.  Two (EQ, TU) of the three FICO scores can be purchase by consumers.  EX stopped selling FICO scores to consumers.  It's possble to have the same FICO scores for each 3 reports.  But it's  very rare.  One's credit reports would have to be a carbon copy among all three reports for scores to match.  

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see.  That's why people are querying as to which CB certain creditors pull.

Thanks.  I'm learning!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The FICO scoring by all 3 agencies is part of the scam of that is the US financial system. What better way to keep 3 companies in business making millions than to have 3 agencies that can have the same info and have 3 completely different scores, that determine your credit status. Don't be fooled, nobody really knows how they calculate FICO and the companies won't  really tell you. I have EQ and TU with the exacts same info, I got and checked how they reported every account monthly for years and the current balances and yet EQ has a 764 score and TU 674 score. There is no rhyme or reason. EXP you can't even get your actual FICO score and they are absolutely horrible ob disputes anyway. Reporting 2 accounts proven fraudulent with the bogus National Collection Services BMG scam that was rampant.
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Fair Isaac, who produces the scoring algorithm for all FICO (R) scores, is a business.  They market dozens of differnt scoring algorithms to different customers.  Each credit reportng agency is a separate customer. with their own individual database of information, and their own customized request with Fair Isaac on how they want their data scored.  So the scoring models for each CRA  are not the same/

Even with absoluitey identical data with each CRA, the FICO score you receive from them can routinely vary by 20 points.

There simply is no single FICO score.

To call it a scam disregards the real nature of capitalism. 

They are serving  the wishes of individual customers.  Any busness seeks to serve its customers, dont you think?

The FCRA only regulates credit reporting, not credit scoring.  Efforts have been made in the past to regulate credit scoring,but they have all failed diue to a basic principal of intellectual property called the right to hold trade secrets.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 01-05-2010 10:51 PM
Message Edited by RobertEG on 01-05-2010 10:59 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.