Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dinged for having 1 CC balance vs 2...

tag
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Dinged for having 1 CC balance vs 2...

Hi, I'm new to posting here but I've been lurking around for a while. I've always read on this site that for max score, allow 1 card to report 1-9%. On the Equifax site, I lost 14 points for having a balance on one card vs having a balance on 2. Was at 780 with 2 CC balances, then when I went to 1 CC balance, it dropped to 766. I know that it may not be the case on the "real" FICO score, and that I should probably over-look it, but I just wanted to make sure that I can stick to the rule of having just one card reporting a balance, and that maybe it's just a weird formula glitch that the Equifax site uses.

Summary... 10TL's....

1 mortgage

3 installments

6 revolving

5 reporting a balance.....1 CC with a 7% uti, and 5 CC's zero'd out.

On a side note.....I've paid off all of my installments....just waiting on the bureaus to get the info updated. Hope it sends my score up when they report...

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Dinged for having 1 CC balance vs 2...

If this is your Equifax credit score then you should disregard ~ it is a FAKO and will not follow the same scoring rules.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dinged for having 1 CC balance vs 2...

Thanks a lot. That's exactly what I was hoping someone would say. I'll disregard it and stick to the game plan that this site has set.

Oh and sorry for posting this in the wrong section. I thought I had it in the right place, but looks like I didn't, lol.

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.