Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card's FICO Score Issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Card's FICO Score Issue

I currently have a Discover card which shows my FICO score every month.  Approximately 4 months ago my FICO scored dropped like 100pts for no apparent reason.  I've pulled my 3 credit reports from annualcreditreport.com and not a single report shows any issues.  I've spoken with Discover and if I recall correctly, Discover uses a FICO 8 score.  I have even gone further and had my TransUnion score pulled which was excellent.  How do I get my FICO score fixed when I have no idea what's broken on it?

Thanks,

David

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover Card's FICO Score Issue

Pull your report from this site. It should be the same as your Discover score. If not, then you know for certain something is wrong on Discover's end. 

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Pull your report from this site. It should be the same as your Discover score. If not, then you know for certain something is wrong on Discover's end. "

How do I do this without spending the $75 to get it ($24.95 x 3)?  It seems kind of crazy that I need to spend that kind of money for a report.

Thanks,

David

Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum

Have you paid any loans off?

Do you have any AU accounts?

Have you applied for any new credit?

Each CB is different with different algorithms to come up with a score and because a score from another CB is high doesn't mean the others will follow suit

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum 

Please refrain from starting the same thread on multiple forums...

I'll have the other thread merged with this one 

Thank 

MJ

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 6
sarge12
Senior Contributor

If you are varying your utilization by charging say to 80% utilization, and then paying it off every month it can cause quick swings. If discover did the pull and your cr showed 80 % utilization....boom 100 point drop. Then you pull it days later and by then it shows 5% utilization it will have gone back up, so you wont see what caused the brief drop. Remember that a credit report is a snapshot of that moment. Unless it is down two months straight I would not sweat it!

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.