Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepency between lender's score and myFico score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discrepency between lender's score and myFico score

I applied for a HELOC with a lender last week.  I currently use Credit Expert by Experian to monitor my credit report.  I was notified Oct. 27 that the lender performed an inquiry on Oct. 26.  When I logged in to review the inquiry, I also ran my credit score.  It came up as 'x'.

This week I received the paperwork from the lender, and they provided me with my credit report and score.  They only pulled it from Experian.  The score from them was 'y', which was 22 points lower than the score I received one day after they pulled their report!

Nothing was different in terms of outstanding amounts, credit history, etc. between the two reports.  I thought that Credit Expert was supposed to give a true FICO score, not some consumer score.  I have a high credit score, so the 22 point difference did not affect me, but I'm curious about this.

Any insight would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
schmona
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discrepency between lender's score and myFico score

Credit Expert is a FAKO score-
You need to get FICO scores from myFICO.com this number will match the number provided by your lender.

100 point difference between FAKO and FICO scores are not unusual.

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for a HELOC with a lender last week. I currently use Credit Expert by Experian to monitor my credit report. I was notified Oct. 27 that the lender performed an inquiry on Oct. 26. When I logged in to review the inquiry, I also ran my credit score. It came up as 'x'.
This week I received the paperwork from the lender, and they provided me with my credit report and score. They only pulled it from Experian. The score from them was 'y', which was 22 points lower than the score I received one day after they pulled their report!
Nothing was different in terms of outstanding amounts, credit history, etc. between the two reports. I thought that Credit Expert was supposed to give a true FICO score, not some consumer score. I have a high credit score, so the 22 point difference did not affect me, but I'm curious about this.
Any insight would be extremely helpful.
Thanks,
schmona

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.