Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disparity among Myfico score purchase and my bank report of Trans score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disparity among Myfico score purchase and my bank report of Trans score

Has anyone had such a huge difference in reported scores? I phoned my bank to refinance my auto loan today. As of two weeks ago I have not had any adjustments to my score report on MyFico. 659. Been there for over a month. My bank approved me for a better rate than I expected based on my Trans score of 693. Curiosity got me and I paid 16$ for the darn thing on MyFico. It shows even less. 643. I am baffled. Who do I trust with the correct score? Thats quite a difference.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disparity among Myfico score purchase and my bank report of Trans score

Do you have a copy of the bank's version? My guess is that they are using Classic '04 and myfico uses Classic '98. My classic '04 has been 30 points higher than my '98 score on two different occasions.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I bet $5 that the 693 score was an auto-enhanced score tailored to the auto lending industry. These scores are more weighted to your past auto credit history.

If not that, and assuming it is a traditional FICO score, then there could be a difference in the version of score used. This site uses TU'98 as do a majority of lenders. Some use TU'04 which traditionally is lower for most. Just about a month or two ago, TU'08 was introduced which would also produce differnet scores.

It may be worth asking your lender what score that are using and if FICO, which version is being used.

Once again, Byrdman typed faster than I.
Message Edited by llecs on 03-02-2009 01:04 PM
Message 3 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

llecs wrote:
I bet $5 that the 693 score was an auto-enhanced score tailored to the auto lending industry. These scores are more weighted to your past auto credit history.

If not that, and assuming it is a traditional FICO score, then there could be a difference in the version of score used. This site uses TU'98 as do a majority of lenders. Some use TU'04 which traditionally is lower for most. Just about a month or two ago, TU'08 was introduced which would also produce differnet scores.

It may be worth asking your lender what score that are using and if FICO, which version is being used.

Once again, Byrdman typed faster than I.
Message Edited by llecs on 03-02-2009 01:04 PM

I'll take you up on that bet.  She did say her bank. Smiley Wink  My money is on the '04 vs. '98.

OP can you call your banker and ask what version of TU they pulled?

Message 4 of 7
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Curiosity got me and I paid 16$ for the darn thing on MyFico. 

Ball97: I would add one additional piece of information. Google "myfico discount code" before purchasing anything here you can save 10-25% depending on what is available.

Cheers 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 5 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Good add Cobalt. I usually suggest that, but since she already bought...well, you know, water under the bridge and all that. Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to me that TU 04 would score higher on the average than TU 98.  The market was better in 04 than 98.  The 04 score was meant to boost business.  Whatch out for that 08...ouch!!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.