Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disptting items

tag
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

Disptting items

Is it true if you dispute a neg item on your CR ie. a BK that during the time the item is being disputed. The item wil not affect your score therefor increaing youir CS temporarily?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Disptting items

Do you have a BK that is incorrect on your reports?

Message 2 of 6
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

No but if 1 would is it true that by disputing it durign the dispute time that item does not affect your CS until the dispute is over? therefore giving you a higher CS

Message 3 of 6
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

You know...I have heard that that may be true, but I don't think there's any way to know for sure. And, what one CRA agency does doesn't mean that all three do it.

I don't know that there is any way to know for sure. Sorry.

Message 4 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I heard that very question on the Clark Howard Show recently. His conclusion? He considers the practice unethical and I have to agree with him. You should only dispute those things that you truly feel are in error; not to manipulate a score.

From a BK years ago to:
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually disputed things on my reports. (Inaccurate items) On TU nothing was removed so score stayed the same until results came in, same goes for experian. But on EQ all the items I disputed did not show on my report during the investigation and thus the score went up. However one item they found to be accurate stayed and brought score back down.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.