Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute score dropped from 670 to 628

tag
aot2009
Regular Contributor

Re: Dispute score dropped from 670 to 628 **SUCCESS**

Account is now removed and I'm now at a 675 YAY for 5 points.

Tranunion is 728

Message 11 of 16
Scenerio

Thanks for posting your outcome! People don't always do this, but it's very helpful. 

I just disputed 5 items and my account dropped by 30 points, I am awaiting the results. Some of them are clearly incorrect. 

Message 12 of 16
jcolli5
New Visitor

Yeah I'm in the same boat.  Disputed two old items on my credit report.  Equifax score went down from a 678 to a 615!  WTH. It lowered 30 points the first month I disputed the items.  And whats really annoying is the item being disputed came back with a result saying it would be deleted.  I waited a week or so and it was still there.  I call Equifax and they say "we're not sure why it says the item will be deleted maybe that was a mistake"  huh?  So I dispute it again for different reasons this time.  I also contact the company that made the negative remarks and dispute it with them.  Score drops again.  My Fico score, Transunion and Experian scores stayed the same (678-705) - Hoping all works out in a month or so.  I will post the outcome.

Message 13 of 16
aot2009
Regular Contributor

If it came back as deleted keep the letter and file suit against them. They have 5 days to notify you in writing if they put it back on your report.

Every time you dispute something it drops the score.

Message 14 of 16
kcFlorida
New Visitor

Re: Dispute score dropped from 670 to 628

Personally, I think FICO scoring is total BS.  I'm an AT&T employee, and opened an account for AT&T services at my new address.  Score dropped 3 points because it was viewed as an application for credit.  A utility bill sure as heck isn't credit in my view.

Message 15 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dispute score dropped from 670 to 628

@kcFlorida wrote:

Personally, I think FICO scoring is total BS.  I'm an AT&T employee, and opened an account for AT&T services at my new address.  Score dropped 3 points because it was viewed as an application for credit.  A utility bill sure as heck isn't credit in my view.

I think it boils down to whether or not AT&T needs to pull your credit before offering a phone. IMO, I think they should because they are taking a financial risk in the 30 days leading up to the first bill as well as the phone costs, but I'm sure others would disagree with their policy.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.