cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed Accounts and FICO scoring

tag
sdv3456

Disputed Accounts and FICO scoring

Hello! I am in the middle of escrow and I'm experiencing mega anxiety over 2 dispute comments that are on my credit. The lender is suggesting that they are removed by rapid rescore, but I know sometimes this can tank your credit score due to artificial inflaction of FICO and unfortunately the dispute comments are on my mid-score. 

Does anyone have any experience removing dispute comments from Transunion and seeing a score drop? I had them on all 3 credit bureaus; however, I somehow missed them on Transunion's comments section. I called and requested the other be removed from Equifax and Experian. The results thusfar have been: removing one dispute from my Equifax did nothing to the score...removing 2 dispute comments off of collection accounts from Experian dropped the score 44 points.

The disputes that remain on Transunion are 3. They are on accounts owned by collection agencies (not original lender charge offs). The actual language of the dispute says "Account information disputed by consumer; meets FCRA requirements"

Has anyone ever been in this situation. I have been working on repairing my credit for over a year and I'm really worried that the lender will do a rapid rescore to remove the comments and I will see my score tank. 

Thanks for any advice you have!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Disputed Accounts and FICO scoring

There are a bunch of threads around here that suggest that disputed accounts can cause scoring aberrations.

An account in dispute is "shielded" in certain ways from the scoring process.

You might try to find out what the lender requirements are re resolving disputed accounts.

Message 2 of 3
los_west
Regular Contributor

Re: Disputed Accounts and FICO scoring

I was removing disputes on my reports this past week, and saw both my EQ and TU score drop about 15 points each.  I haven't seen any change on EX yet.

Starting Score: (04/18/2013) EX 572, TU 577, EQ 554
Currently: (12/2014) EX ?, TU ?, EQ 766 (new version)
Lender Pull (12/03/14): EX 759, TU 750, EQ 766
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.