Established Member
Rich97

Disputing a negative Item

Can disputing a negative item on my credit report cause it to stay on there longer?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Disputing a negative Item

Nope
New Visitor
ar0917

I am new to the board and appreciate any feedback given. What if the company you are disputing verifies the account and adds a couple of 30 day lates that weren't on the report prior to the dispute? I had a credit union tack on four 30 days that weren't reported but appeared as an x, but at least my prior mortgage company updated and removed thirteen of the eighteen 30 day lates and all six of the 60 day lates appearing on the report. Should I expect to see any kind of change in my score?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

ar0917 wrote:
I am new to the board and appreciate any feedback given. What if the company you are disputing verifies the account and adds a couple of 30 day lates that weren't on the report prior to the dispute? I had a credit union tack on four 30 days that weren't reported but appeared as an x, but at least my prior mortgage company updated and removed thirteen of the eighteen 30 day lates and all six of the 60 day lates appearing on the report. Should I expect to see any kind of change in my score?

Doesn't matter. The DOFD (which is when the 7 year clock starts) still applies.

You should see a nice score increase with those lates removed.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}