Contributor

Disputing personal info on CR

I heard somewhere that disputing incorrect version of your name could improve scores - is this true?  Also, my last name is spelled incorrectly on EQ (one letter is incorrect), and there are versions of my name (JR.,  III, etc.) on my EX report under the former names section.  Should I dispute or just contact the bureau to request that they correct? 
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Re: Disputing personal info on CR

Call for this kind of thing. EQ and TU should have no problems deleting incorrect names and addresses. EX will probably give you a problem if a creditor is reporting this info or if you have a TL connected to this info.
Contributor

thanks!
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

[ Edited ]
I got a lot of that done on the phone.  Seemed pretty easy

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 07-16-2007 11:23 AM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

I did the same, and also EX would not remove incorrect data since an existing closed account still reports it. Removing incorrect names will not help your score. Some people delete info to assist in removing negative accounts later. I remove old address for privacy and more security. I don't know if my reasons are good or bad. But it did not effect my scores.
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}