cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ditech provided my Equifax FICO and it doesn't fit with MyFICO.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ditech provided my Equifax FICO and it doesn't fit with MyFICO.

Applied for a refinance mortgage through Ditech and was declined. MyFICO says my EQ score is 646, but Ditech said it was a 625 ... which matches precisely what Equifax Complete reports through my subscription with them. Different model?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Ditech provided my Equifax FICO and it doesn't fit with MyFICO.

Equifax complete provides FAKO scores, so I doubt that is what they are using. Did they specifically say it was a FICO score they pulled? They will usually tell you the scoring model if you ask someone who is knowledgable. For the most part, everyone pulls the same EQ model, unlike TU where TU-98/TU-04 issues come up a lot.

Very strange; more than likely something posted to your report that lowered your score.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ditech provided my Equifax FICO and it doesn't fit with MyFICO.

Ditto. Ask the lender which version they are using. It should say on your CR.

There are a couple of other EQ versions out there. One is a newer mortgage-enhanced EQ FICO and the other is Beacon 9.0, though I have yet to see a single post saying their lender used it. Also make sure you pulled both on the exact same day. Scores can change daily.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.