cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Banks pull all three credit agencies when you apply for a equity line of credit.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do Banks pull all three credit agencies when you apply for a equity line of credit.

Do banks pull all three agencies when you apply for a equity line of credit----I may apply with washington mutual
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do Banks pull all three credit agencies when you apply for a equity line of credit.

Typically, your local financial institution will subscribe to one CRA or another for credit reports. So, you should only see one pull, however, it will be up to the discretion of the lender as to which CRA they subscribe. Call the personal banker and ask them who they use.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do Banks pull all three credit agencies when you apply for a equity line of credit.

Citi only pulled my EQ file. Don't know about Wamu. They have to disclose to you if they will pull your credit reports. I always ask before I apply, "Who do you pull?". Just ask if they pull 1 or all 3 before you apply.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 02-19-2008 02:09 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU pulled EX only, my local CU pulled EX only-  
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

USAA pulled EQ only.

Ask your bank, they're usually pretty happy to tell you.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.