cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Credit Cards report to CRA's on the same day?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do Credit Cards report to CRA's on the same day?

So just checked SO's TU and EX credit monitoring

She made a payment on her 7k limit card (her highest CL) bringing UT from 95% to 85% and that updated with EX today which boosted her score 5 points (Put her at 700 on the dot!). But we checked TU and it still shows the old balance even though we refreshed the score and CR as of today.

Just wondering to Banks/CU's usually report to CRA's on the same day for all 3 CRA's or different days?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do Credit Cards report to CRA's on the same day?

If a creditor reports to all three bureaus, then it will almost always report to all three on the same day.

But... each bureau will take some number of days to update its database with the new info.  Thus it would not be strange for one the updated record to appear on one CRA report on day X, but with another bureau it might be 2, 3, even 4 business days after X.  I haven't seen a particular pattern with that -- e.g. that one CRA is always much faster than another, say.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do Credit Cards report to CRA's on the same day?

Agreed with what was replied above.  I've seen all 3 bureaus update on the same day and I've seen up to a week variance between the first and last date that they updated on.  It should usually only take another day or two, but could take up to a week to see an update across all bureaus from my experience.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.