Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do EQ & TU report differently?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do EQ & TU report differently?

I've been comparing my TU & EQ credit reports.  One I just got today and the other, a couple of weeks ago.  When viewing them side by side here at myfico.com, as you know, they're pretty much laid out the same way.  For example, I'm looking at the "Credit-At-A-Glance" tab.  I'm in credit recovery mode and my scores have been improving, slowly but surely over the months so I'm not going to say anything here that's going to be overly impressive but you know, it is what it is.  Anyway, TU's credit-at-a-glance shows Total Past Due: $1,287 on 12 accts/Zero late payments/6 accts with balances/4 accts in collections   FICO: 591

EQ's credit-at-a-glance tab shows Total Past Due: $10,761 on 6 accts/71 late paymentsSmiley Surprised/10 accts with balances/Zero accts in collections  FICO:593

The scores are close but wow...is how they're reporting affecting anything?  If you ask me, just looking quickly, the EQ Report looks horrible (ok, worse than the TU)!  Why would they report that I have nothing in collections?  And 71 late payments looks insane...

I know my credit situation very well and TU's, I'd say, is pretty accurate.  But EQ, why such the difference in reporting....?   Is this "typical"? 

Thanks for any info you may be able to share!   :-)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do EQ & TU report differently?

It's normal. Drove me crazy in the beginning too. To get to the bottom of it all, you need to pull your CRs directly from the CRA also. You'll see more account info including the TL(s) that led to the 71 lates. Also in EQ, looks like some of the CAs are reporting (if at all) within the "Accounts" section. As a result, you see "0" for the number of accounts in collection. That would lead to a higher past due balance.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  This credit reporting stuff is a beast like no other!!!  Smiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is not the CRAs that are apparently responsible for the discrepancies.  CRAs dont report anything other than what creditors have first reported to them.

It costs creditors money to report to a CRA.  So some dont report at all, or only report to one or two, and not all three.

Creditors never have an obligation to report. 

This is common.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.