Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I wait?

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Do I wait?

I just disputed two days ago to the CRA's about a 30 day late from chase back in Nov 2002. I called chase and they realized it should have not been reported and they are sending in a request to delete (they will send me a confirmation letter in 7-10 business days). I just need to know, do I wait or call up the CRA's and let them know to drop the dispute and they will receive something from chase soon.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I wait?

Being from 2002, I don't believe that late is affecting your score much so I'd just wait until it reports. I could be wrong though...
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

oracles wrote:
I just disputed two days ago to the CRA's about a 30 day late from chase back in Nov 2002. I called chase and they realized it should have not been reported and they are sending in a request to delete (they will send me a confirmation letter in 7-10 business days). I just need to know, do I wait or call up the CRA's and let them know to drop the dispute and they will receive something from chase soon.

I would do nothing.  You don't want to tell the CRAs to call off the dogs, and then find out Chase never reported the delete to them.  I don't think there's an option to un-dispute.  Wait and see what happens.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. Do nothing.
Message 4 of 5
oracles
Valued Contributor

thanks everyone, i will wait
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.