cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do different industries pull different reoprts.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do different industries pull different reoprts.

Why are some companies (like Equifax Mortgage) able to pull reoprts from all three agencies that are 25 points higher that I get when I check my scores?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
PrimeRisk
Valued Member

Re: Do different industries pull different reoprts.

The short answer is that, according to myFICO customer service, there are different Fair Isaac FICO models that can be applied to the same credit report that will result in different scores. I ran into a similar situation when buying a car a few years ago. I had just got my Transunion score on myFICO and with a 733 in hand I was off to the Credit Union to get a loan. Much to my surprise, when the Credit Union pulled my score, the news wasn't so good. They had pulled my score and it was a 698. This put me out of the running for the best rates, though not bad ones. I asked the loan officer who they were pulling the score from so I could pull a report to see what was up with that reporting agency. To my surprise again, my credit union uses Transunion and does use Fair Isaac scoring! I talked to the loan officer and asked why there was such a difference in scores and he said that scores could change signficantly from day to day. Not being satisfied, I pull another score that very day and pull get a 728. After I faxed the full report over to the Credit Union they even seemed believe me. I called myFICO customer service to ask them the same question and after a couple of call-queue bounces I got to someone that actually seemed to know what they were talking about. They said that my Credit Union was probably using a service that was using an old FICO model and assured me that myFICO.com always used the most recent models. End result was the loan officer took my application and the myFICO printout to their loan board and got me the lower rate.

Starting Score: 687 - 5/19/04
Current Score: 769 - 5/18/14
Peak Score: 797 - 2/15/13
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Good answer PrimeRisk. Recently, my TU scores were 30 points apart on the same day. The reason being, Emperica Classic 98 vs. Classic '04. '98 was lower.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, good answer.  MyFico is the consumer, and not industry, branch of FairIsaac, and gives a generic, consumer version of the FICO score.  FairIsaac develops other models that are industry specfic, and not availble on myFICO.  There is no single FICO score, even when using the credit report from a single CRA. 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.