cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do negative "Additional Info" comments on credit report reduce FICO scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do negative "Additional Info" comments on credit report reduce FICO scores?

Do negative comments in the "additional info" line reduce credit scores all by themselves?   Specifically, on my EQ report, it says "Current Status" Pays as Agreed" but under "Additional Info" it says "Foreclosure Process Started".  This item was included in my bk and correctly says $0 balance, but will the additional comment only potentially hurt me on a manual review, but not the FICO score itself?

Can I further assume that only items marked as late payments or negative 'status' items such as "90 days past due" or "Included in Bankruptcy" lower scores?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do negative "Additional Info" comments on credit report reduce FICO scores?

I say they do- and some are required.

Account Status Codes

Enter the Account Status Code which best describes whether the account is current or past due. If you have a status which is not described here, please contact your credit reporting agencies.?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Code Description

05* Account transferred to another office.

11 Current account.

For Installment and Mortgage loans, the account should be current and have a non-zero Balance Amount. For Credit Line, Open, and Revolving portfolio types, the account should be current and available for use. If the account is closed, but there is a balance due, Special Comment M or Compliance Condition Code XA should also be reported to indicate the account is no longer available for use.

13* Paid or closed account/zero balance.

For Installment and Mortgage loans, the account should be paid with a zero Balance Amount. For Credit Line, Open, and Revolving portfolio types, the account should no longer be available for use, and the Balance Amount should be zero. A Special Comment M or Compliance Condition Code XA should also be reported to indicate the account is closed.

61* Account paid in full was a voluntary surrender.

62 Account paid in full was a collection account, insurance claim or government claim.

63 Account paid in full was a repossession.

64 Account paid in full was a charge-off.

65* Account paid in full. A foreclosure was started.

71 Account 30 days past the due date.

78 Account 60 days past the due date.

80 Account 90 days past the due date.

82 Account 120 days past the due date.

83 Account 150 days past the due date.

84 Account 180 days or more past the due date.

88* Claim filed with government for insured portion of balance on a defaulted loan.

89* Deed received in lieu of foreclosure on a defaulted mortgage.

93 Account seriously past due and/or assigned to internal or external collections.

94* Foreclosure/credit grantor sold collateral to settle defaulted mortgage.

95* Voluntary surrender.

96 Merchandise was repossessed by credit grantor; there may be a balance due.

97 Unpaid balance reported as a loss by credit grantor (charge-off).

DA Deletes entire account.

Note: In order to maintain the integrity of credit information, it is important that credit grantors not ask for a subsequent deletion of account history unless an actual error was reported. Paid derogatory accounts, such as collections, should be reported as paid; they should not be deleted.

* Payment Rating is also required when reporting these Status
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do negative "Additional Info" comments on credit report reduce FICO scores?

Timothy: This is good....do you have the complete list of 2 digit explanatory codes?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.