cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do "Reasons" for Helping/Hurting Score Change by Bucket?

tag
TenaciousRebuilder
New Contributor

Do "Reasons" for Helping/Hurting Score Change by Bucket?

So I've been rebuilding for a few years now and it's finally starting to pay off. All my scores from this site are all at or above 700 now.

I recently compared EX reports from April and July and noticed that the April report listed my lenghth of credit history (AAOA=5years, Oldest=11.1years) as something hurting my score and in the July report, my length of history (AAOA=5years, Oldest=11.4 years) was listed as a positve.

Other important changes to my report included the drop off of a charge off (with a boatload of lates attached to it) and a recent (zombie) collection - consequently my score improved from ~665 to 714. The only negs remaining on the report are one 4-year old collection and one 6.5 year old 90-day late.

Since there wasn't much of a change in my length of history and there were no obvious milestones, I wonder if I was rebucketed and, with a cleaner (but not clean) report, my length of history is now a positive. Is that possible that different factors will be considered to help or hurt depending on a person's bucket?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do "Reasons" for Helping/Hurting Score Change by Bucket?

Hrm, not likely on bucket honestly: buckets look at the base data, and almost certainly the reasons do too.

The reasons aren't all that sophisticated anyway: I don't know much about them except to suggest a pass is taken over the credit report, 4-5 reasons are picked seemingly independently, and then there's a simple sort of some type to order them with regards to severity / relevance / whatever.

There's no guaruntee it's going to be the same each time even with trivial changes in one's report, let alone a major one like a CO aging off (congrats!).  In general from your description you know what's up on your credit report anyway, the reasons for you are mostly for entertainment value as a result.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.