cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do score impacts every take awhile to register?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do score impacts every take awhile to register?

I've been checking every day for my CA Unpaid Collection to fall off and I checked this am 24 hours after last check (when it was on) and it fell off finally.  It is not only the last baddie which generally means a good bump, but also accounting for a good 10% of my utilized debt w/o any line so probably gained me 3% or so in utilization. Together I'd have expected easily 20 points if not closer to 60 (based on how I've experienced and noticed last baddies dropping off).

However the bump was only 7 points which makes no sense to me.  Is it possible the point bump lags behind the drop-off?

Message Edited by nyccc2 on 01-14-2009 08:55 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do score impacts every take awhile to register?

Is this based on your FICO score, or FAKO?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

Is this based on your FICO score, or FAKO?

Always FICO.  I actually had my annual Fico update on 1/13 and the CA was still there, 689.  I came back to MyFico and pulled TU Fico again the very next day manually the moment I found it gone on TrueCredit and that is when I was surprised to find the score up only 7 points. Heck I'd expect that for losing $2k Util on a $0k 'line'. But for a last baddie?
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

nyccc2 wrote:
Always FICO.  I actually had my annual Fico update on 1/13 and the CA was still there, 689.  I came back to MyFico and pulled TU Fico again the very next day manually the moment I found it gone on TrueCredit and that is when I was surprised to find the score up only 7 points. Heck I'd expect that for losing $2k Util on a $0k 'line'. But for a last baddie?

I'll throw out two possibilities:

1) You were pushed into a new bucket. Any gain from the CA's demise would have been offset by a loss from the bucket change.

2) TU doesn't mind CAs as much. Up until recently, I was CA and baddie free (other than an old redeemed repo), until one CA appeared last month. EX dropped 103 points and TU, I think, dropped 40-50 pts. Now this CA is reporting a DOLA of 1/2009 (actually was from 2004) and added a 120 day late this month (or last), so the score took a real beating. Your CA is much older and damage may not be as much in relation to my 40-50 pts being absent other baddies.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.