cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the different credit bureaus value/punish for different aspects of CR in diff ways?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Do the different credit bureaus value/punish for different aspects of CR in diff ways?

TU and EX are the most frequently pulled CRs for me. Most lenders will pull TU and EX and not pull EQ at all. Is there a major difference in how EQ scores vs the other 2 CBs?

I was once told that TU penalizes more for public records, while EQ scores suffer more for Late Payments, and EX scores suffer/are weighted more on utilization. is this true?

Message Edited by CreditDrama85 on 02-15-2009 02:35 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Do the different credit bureaus value/punish for different aspects of CR?

This seems to be the consensus here. There are plenty of tweaks, of course.

I can't tell you about TU and public records, but I have the same length of history for EQ and TU, with EX being a bit longer, and the same AAoA, with EQ being a bit shorter. So my history with EQ is a tiny bit shorter, but look at the difference in scores.

My util is almost non-existent, and my only baddies are lates --too many 30's, and one 90. So I do believe the bit about EQ and lates.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

I also agree on EQ and lates.  I am lucky in that all 3 CRs have the same info on it so I can see the difference in how my lates are treated.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 4
MattH
Senior Contributor

In my case, EQ and TU ding me for total balance on my revolving accounts, while EX (when I could pull EX) said "no negative factors" because my high credit limits make for a low percent of balance utilized.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.