Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does AAoA include Installment loans?

tag
Cmikul
Regular Contributor

Does AAoA include Installment loans?

Trying to calculate my AAoA so I can see how bad I've hurt myself with my apping spree.

I have 24 accts but only 11 of those are revolvers.  The rest are installment loans that are closed.

Do those count as well????? 

Some of them are over 10yrs old so it would help if they did.

I've been calculating only using revolvers.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does AAoA include Installment loans?

Yes I'm at three years of age with TransUnion and 2 y 6 months with the other one according to Credit Karma. The credit cards are reported on both bureaus pretty much the same the loans are not
Message 2 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

All OC accounts open and closed are included in Ficos AAoA. CAs & PRs are not.

Message 3 of 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Good to know.

um, what's a CA?

what's a PR? Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@NRB525 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Good to know.

um, what's a CA?

what's a PR? Smiley Happy

collection account

public record

        
Message 5 of 9
Cmikul
Regular Contributor

prior to my app spree I was at 44mths and oldest 17yrs

waiting for all cards to report to find out where it falls now.

I think I added 11 new cards within the last 30days.

Hoping I can stay somewhat in a recoverable state.

Message 6 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Cmikul wrote:

Trying to calculate my AAoA so I can see how bad I've hurt myself with my apping spree.

I have 24 accts but only 11 of those are revolvers.  The rest are installment loans that are closed.

Open or closed. Revolver or store or charge. or installment loan. They all count in the AAoA. every account you have ever had in the last 10 years are factored into it. The only thing that does not factor into you AAoA are hidden trade lines. And they are few and far in between.  I have 1 and thats it. No affect on AAoA or utilization or anything else other than the initial inquiry which was  a year ago with no affect.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Cmikul wrote:

Open or closed. Revolver or store or charge. or installment loan. They all count in the AAoA. every account you have ever had in the last 10 years are factored into it. The only thing that does not factor into you AAoA are hidden trade lines. And they are few and far in between.  I have 1 and thats it. No affect on AAoA or utilization or anything else other than the initial inquiry which was  a year ago with no affect.

Hi Taxi.  That's close but not quite right.  Some accounts can close and be removed prior from your report in less than 10 years.  Some accounts can close and be on your reports for much longer than 10 years.  And of course open accounts could be on your report for much longer than 10 years.  Better would be to say every account that appears on your credit report is factored into it. 

Message 8 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

What you say is true. In fact. My mom has a 16 year old Macy's account on her report that she has not used since 1998. And it's a mystery why. A friend of mines mom still has positive iaccount from 1987 when fico was still new. Also as I always preach. Staying on report and reporting are two different things. It can come off early. Or even stay on longer. Just meant everything is factored in AAoA. Mine will remain low no matter what seeing my oldest is 2 years old. With 26 accounts. Still can't figure how average age is 1.2 years old.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.