cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Amex take as long to report new accounts as it did to report me as AU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Amex take as long to report new accounts as it did to report me as AU?

It took 3 months to get me reported on CRAs when I became AU, any idea if it takes as long for my new accounts once I activate them?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Does Amex take as long to report new accounts as it did to report me as AU?

I think it was two months or so with me.

Remember that Amex won't report your balance statement until four weeks after the statement drops, so there is definitely a long wind-up to seeing it finally show up.

And for this reason, AmEx is not a good card for controlling reported util and number of balances.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Amex take as long to report new accounts as it did to report me as AU?

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I think it was two months or so with me.

Remember that Amex won't report your balance statement until four weeks after the statement drops, so there is definitely a long wind-up to seeing it finally show up.

And for this reason, AmEx is not a good card for controlling reported util and number of balances.

That's fine, don't really plan on using it. Just want the bump when (hopefully) they report the 1986 dates for both cards and the $10k is added to util...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.