Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Experian exist?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Experian exist?

Transunion and Equifax (I think I might have Experian and Equifax backward) are the only two with a FICO that I see on  here.  What happened to the third?  I've noticed that practically none of my reporting goes to that 3rd bureau...what gives?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Does Experian exist?

fico doesn't have an agreement with experian anymore to offer experian fico scores to customers.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see, but why would that be?  Doesn't that just make life harder on us?
Message 3 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

CharlieB1979 wrote:

Yep.

Lenders still have access to the score so if you applied for something and an EX FICO was used in consideration of the application, then you can get your EX FICO that way. You can also get it if you happen to have a checking account via a small CU in PA called PSECU.

Message 4 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

CharlieB1979 wrote:

Experian no longer wished to sell consumers our FICO EX scores under the same terms as the other two bureaus (accessible from the myFICO site as well as from the bureau site.)

They're doing a very nice business indeed selling their FAKO scores to consumers who are trying to see themselves how lenders see them, but who don't know that the scores are junk.

* puts self back in time-out for thinking uncharitable thoughts about dear Experian *
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hauling, I got your email.  Thank you very much.  I'll be resopnding as soon as I can Smiley Happy.

Okay, so I understand that Experian is basically out on their own...strangely enough, I have a FAKO from them totaling a 738.

..strangely, practically nobody reported to them at all...is a 738 good with them?

Message 6 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hauling, I got your email.  Thank you very much.  I'll be resopnding as soon as I can Smiley Happy.

Okay, so I understand that Experian is basically out on their own...strangely enough, I have a FAKO from them totaling a 738.

..strangely, practically nobody reported to them at all...is a 738 good with them?

Vantage? Not really.

Message 7 of 9
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

Ilecs isn't that only true if the application is DENIED.  If you get the loan or credit line they are not obligated to show it to you.
Message Edited by geronimo2008 on 02-19-2010 06:24 AM
Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

geronimo2008 wrote:
Ilecs isn't that only true if the application is DENIED.  If you get the loan or credit line they are not obligated to show it to you.
Message Edited by geronimo2008 on 02-19-2010 06:24 AM

I'm not sure what the law says on that. I have applied and was accepted for car loans in the past and was shown my score when asked. I've never applied for a mortgage, just yet anyway, but it seems like lenders will provide for you at app time your tri-merge report with FICO scores listed too.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.