cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does FICO remember past the two year tradeline?

tag
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Does FICO remember past the two year tradeline?

As i've said before, come the end of this year, Nov/Dec, my last two derogs are scheduled to drop of my CB files.  Once that is done, will FICO have any recollection of my having defaulted on any loans in the past or will I have a clean slate?  Chase limited my recent CLI of $200 because of these derogs and my high credit limit/balance ratios. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Does FICO remember past the two year tradeline?

No! FICO suffers from permanent amnesia.  A cosigned repo never existed on my reports to FICO.  I'm grateful for that!
Message 2 of 7
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

That's fantastic!!

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO has no memory whatsoever.  FICO is a complex calculation of items in your currently reported credit, nothing more.  If it isn't reported, it doesn't factor into FICO.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoa, cool.  I assumed that because an item can remain on your CR for 7/7.5 years, it also is factored into your score that long.  Did I miss-read that?  Sooooo, if one has lates, etc passed the two year benchmark, is it even worth GWing?  Maybe yes for manual reads?  Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Whoa, cool.  I assumed that because an item can remain on your CR for 7/7.5 years, it also is factored into your score that long.  Did I miss-read that?  Sooooo, if one has lates, etc passed the two year benchmark, is it even worth GWing?  Maybe yes for manual reads?  Thanks!

Lates always effect your CR for up to 7 years.  A 120 days late has a major impact on your score till it falls off in 7 years.  I am not  aware of a2 year benchmark that applies to lates.  Some CCCs want a 2 year clean history in order to grant credit and I am told that the effect of a 30 day late is less after 2 years. 
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 7
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As everyone has explained, if it is on your report it WILL BE CALCULATED in your FICO score - no matter how old it is. As derogatories age, they count less against you, but still count...

---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.