cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Opening A New Credit Card Hurt Credit Score If Buying A House In Two Years?

tag
AdPray123
New Contributor

Does Opening A New Credit Card Hurt Credit Score If Buying A House In Two Years?

Hi,

I would like to buy a home in two years. I am considering opening a credit card this week. Will this have any affect on my score in two years with regards to credit? I hope that makes sense. I know if I got a new CC now and was buying now that could hurt but do not know if the future purchase would be affected. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Opening A New Credit Card Hurt Credit Score If Buying A House In Two Years?

No, it will have zero impact.  You could open up multiple accounts now and those new accounts and inquiries would lose any negative impact they have on your score by the time 2 years goes by.

Message 2 of 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Does Opening A New Credit Card Hurt Credit Score If Buying A House In Two Years?

@AdPray123 wrote:

Hi,

I would like to buy a home in two years. I am considering opening a credit card this week. Will this have any affect on my score in two years with regards to credit? I hope that makes sense. I know if I got a new CC now and was buying now that could hurt but do not know if the future purchase would be affected. Thanks.

Only in the minor effect it would have on shortening your average age of accounts. But the positives from adding it will probably outweigh that

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.