cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does TU explicitly state Fall Off Date the way Experian does?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does TU explicitly state Fall Off Date the way Experian does?

On MyFico obviously none of them do, but Experian's own site shows fall off dates as a line item.  Can I find that with TU/Efx?

I'd like to get an idea when they see my Cap1 (delinquint as of 12/01) falls off (what date they use, are the going to slam me with 7 1/2 years etc). Already fell of Experian.

Also have a Cell Phone via Professional Collections. They send me docs, 12/12/01 to 1/11/02 shows no payment and late fees meaning first bill i didn't pay was 11/12/01 to 12/11/01.

All bills say 'Due Immediatly' BUT all say 'Late Fees assesed (1 month after closing statement)'

So if I missed 11/12/01 to 12/11/01 am I delinquint as of 12/11/01 or 1/11/01?  

I am hoping this falls off in December...

I've offered PFD settlements, no luck. Dumb them, I paid $150 already and this probably cost them $10 and is about to fall off. And just in case; no, this does not re-set the SOL or DOLA.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does TU explicitly state Fall Off Date the way Experian does?

The DOFD is calculated from the delinquency date (date you actually became in default of terms of the account), and not the due date of the bill that became delinquent.

The Cap1 will fall at 7 years from the 12/01 delinquency, provided they did not put it into CO.  The extra six months only applies to CO and CAs.

As for the cell phone CA, the DOFD would be 1/11/02.  Since it is CA, it wont fall off until 7/11/09.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

The DOFD is calculated from the delinquency date (date you actually became in default of terms of the account), and not the due date of the bill that became delinquent.

The Cap1 will fall at 7 years from the 12/01 delinquency, provided they did not put it into CO.  The extra six months only applies to CO and CAs.

As for the cell phone CA, the DOFD would be 1/11/02.  Since it is CA, it wont fall off until 7/11/09.

They did CO it (well wrote it off as loss) but Experian always said drops off September and it did, assuming Efax/TU will follow suit this month.

Cell Phone when it was on Experian (fell off on dispute) always said on through December.  So again, hoping TU follows suit.

Message 3 of 5
Miner
Frequent Contributor

I just pulled my EQ and TU free reports.  I don't see the drop off date on there like it is on Experian.  However, the negatives drop off date should be the same for all your reports as it was on your EX report since its the same SOL rule.
Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear NY, try calling TU and Equifax directly and asking them.  I know my son had a couple on TU that he was concerned had not dropped per the Experian drop off date and when he called TU for their drop off date, they just deleted it right then.

It was not on Equifax.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.