Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does an Inquire effect the the score it was pulled on

tag
Mindnumb
New Contributor

Does an Inquire effect the the score it was pulled on

or does it show up on the next pull?

Put another way, if your FICO is 660 1 second before a CCC company pulls my credit, will the CCC see the 660, or will it see the (estimated) 650 that your score will be after the pull?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does an Inquire effect the the score it was pulled on

@Mindnumb wrote:

Put another way, if your FICO is 660 1 second before a CCC company pulls my credit, will the CCC see the 660, or will it see the (estimated) 650 that your score will be after the pull?

The score should reflect the data listed on the accompanying report. So the effect should be immediate. However, if you already have a large number of inquiries, the new inquiry may not affect the score at all. Also, something else may post to the report that cancels out the inquiry effect. So there are certain situations where an inquiry is added, but the score doesn't change.
Message 2 of 5
Mindnumb
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply; I am just over a milestone and have had 3 shown inquires (Job relocation, Cable, Landlord, New Bank Account) that are showing as they were all more than 10 days apart.

I am close to a decent rate (662) but am afraid the an inquire will show damage to the 662 and drop me under 660 to a "not good" score, and trigger a higher rate with worse

If I understand your answer, I should just wait until I'm 10 - 15 points over my minimum otherwise, all things the same, the CCC will pull a lower rate than I see with MyFICO.
Message 3 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Mindnumb wrote:

In this scenario, it would be the 660. The CCC would see the pre-inq pull score.
Message 4 of 5
Mindnumb
New Contributor

Thanks. This would make a score mean more.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.