cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone here experience a wider range of ups/downs on EQ vs EX?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone here experience a wider range of ups/downs on EQ vs EX?

Same content reporting to those CRA's yet I tend to see greater score fluctuation in EQ vs EX. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does anyone here experience a wider range of ups/downs on EQ vs EX?

@Anonymous wrote:

Same content reporting to those CRA's yet I tend to see greater score fluctuation in EQ vs EX. 

Generally speaking I get much fewer alerts in general from EX/TU because my balances don't really change all that much.  It's rare that I get a 5% change in tradeline utilization TBH to trigger EX, and don't get me started on TU which I have trouble understanding what will and won't trigger an update (yes I've read the posts I promise!).

As a result I get bigger movements in EQ but I don't know if that's necessarily accurate or not.  Have seen that small tweaks to number of accounts with balances generally produces more variation in EQ, but I could be dropping updates as the resolution on the other two bureaus simply isn't as good.  Haven't done many serious tests since we switched to the 3B FICO 8 monitoring TBH, trying to stay clean for mortgage.

        
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EQ and EX are pretty stable. It's TU that keeps messing with my mind.

Message 3 of 10
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This was/is the graphic that makes me more comfortable with my own ups and downs that seem to come from nowhere.  Welcome to the wonderful world of credit.Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see EX staying the same most of the time.  EQ & TU are always on the move for me.  And I have the most inquiries on EQ.  I was going to freeze EX but lately seeing my newest pull from them. (BofA).  Wanted one more BofA card.

Message 5 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, what is being reported as the difference each time you see a score up / down on that?  If I had to guess it's a regular balance change based on the near same up/down trend?

        
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, what is being reported as the difference each time you see a score up / down on that?  If I had to guess it's a regular balance change based on the near same up/down trend?

Each time I get an alert for any reason the score drops, and in some of the alerts it mentions a public record - I had a tax lien that went bye bye in early March. Then I buy a new report and find it clean, and get the real score. I even bought a subsciption from TU so I could pull it directly. Clean. Clean on Credit Karma. Clean on Discover. Clean on Credit Sesame.

The only thing I can think of is that MyFico is pulling a cached report from before early March when an alert is generated. Anyway, I'm no longer ponying up $15 every time this happens only to find that their system is totally screwed up.

Message 7 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Each time I get an alert for any reason the score drops, and in some of the alerts it mentions a public record - I had a tax lien that went bye bye in early March. Then I buy a new report and find it clean, and get the real score. I even bought a subsciption from TU so I could pull it directly. Clean. Clean on Credit Karma. Clean on Discover. Clean on Credit Sesame.

The only thing I can think of is that MyFico is pulling a cached report from before early March when an alert is generated. Anyway, I'm no longer ponying up $15 every time this happens only to find that their system is totally screwed up.

Well if that were happening to me I'd scream bloody murder... or at least contact FICO customer support about it.  There's been a number of reports of things which sound supiciously like data caching; if it were affecting service I would think FICO would at least try to address it and they'd have more luck than our yelling at TU in this case.

I know FICO gets the data from Transunion, but I have an oddity on EQ myself (though CK parses it the same way MF does) so I don't know what's going on there.  Waiting to see on a tri-merge what's what, but the fact that your score is fluctuating could be something else entirely.  If it were me, when it happened, I'd also go file a dispute with TU and see if it's on there... since the score should be directly from the bureau's data to my knowledge.

        
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been in my TU file directly on TU's site multiple times while this has been happening. Clean as a whistle, so it isn't a TU problem.

Message 9 of 10
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I still shake my head when I see this chart!  Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.