New Visitor
jmykleust

Does it matter who pays?

Hi there, new to the board. I did a search but didn't find what looked like an answer to my question. So....

I'm about to get out from under all of my credit card debt, but the money is coming from someone else. Does it matter if the actual pay off of the credit cards is in my name? If it's not, will I not get "credit" somehow in terms of my credit scores? I didn't think it would matter whose name was on the check, so to speak, or that the creditors would actually care or even know who did the paying, but I figured it was better to ask.
Regular Contributor
Joe77

Re: Does it matter who pays?

Doesn't matter who pays it, it's your debt and if it gets paid, your credit report reaps the benefits.
From BK to 700 FICOs in 4.5 yrs.
New Visitor
jmykleust

Re: Does it matter who pays?

That's what I was thinking.

Thanks

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+