Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my score really cost me more?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does my score really cost me more?

I am trying to gauge how 2 negative/incorrect reportings have hurt my score and how much it has cost me over the years... They were auto insurance policies that were never corrected by the company.  How can fiqure out how much additional interest I have paid on things, just because these items were on my credit report.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does my score really cost me more?

That's hard to tell, because you don't know the interest rates that you would have paid, if those baddies weren't there. However, you can estimate what the going interest rates on those loans would have been and take those rates, balances and terms and run them through an amortization schedule. You can do the same thing with the actual loans. Then, add up the interest on the actual loans and subtract the estimated interest on the fictitious loans and that is the estimated amount of $ that you have overpaid by having the baddies on your report.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Does my score really cost me more?

Lucie...................sure you want to know that? Why torture yourself?. It's best to just move on. There really isn't anything you can do about it, anyway.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.