cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does "Current Status" affect FICO score?

tag
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Does "Current Status" affect FICO score?

Does the info in the "Current status" section of my credit report impact my credit score? For example, assuming an identical account with identical payment history, does the simple fact that the current status reads "120 days past due" versus "pays as agreed" make a difference in scoring?

I have a federal student loan that I consolidated in 2009. In the 3 months prior to the consolidation, I was struggling financially so the payments were late. In the month directly prior to the consolidation, it was 120 days late, but the account was then paid in full and closed as part of the consolidation. It has been paid in full and closed for over 18 months now.

On my current Equifax report, the "current status" reads as "Over 120 Days Past Due." This is not true because the account is not currently 120 days past due. Currently, the account is paid in full and closed. The "Current Balance" says $0 and the "Amount Past Due" also says $0 and of course the payment history reflects the late payments, including the 120 day late. Is the "current status" section correct? Logically, it doesn't seem correct and I'm afriad it's hurting me.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does "Current Status" affect FICO score?

Locking this thread because there is an almost identical discussion going on here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/quot-Current-Status-quot-Reporting-Incorrectl...

Please don't cross post on multiple boards.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.