Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the FICO Simulator really work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the FICO Simulator really work?

I have finally paid every collection i have ever had and paid all of my credit card balance's to zero....  According to the simulator my credit score should bounce to a 630-650.....  has anyone ever used this for reference and recieved the results simulated come to life??? 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does the FICO Simulator really work?

Carrying high CC balances caused my FICO score to drop to 653. The Score Simulator predicted a rise between 720-750 if I paid down my balances. I paid off all but 2 of my CC and my score increased to 721. My current score is 713 because I forgot to PIF a $16.01 balance by the closing date. The card reported this balance and I was lowered 8 points. I wish I had been able to get a score closer to 750 but I am content with gaining so many points with little effort.

You should see a rise in your score because you paid off your CC. I've never had a CO or an account in collections so I am not sure what impact, if any, this will have on your FICO score. Either way, good luck to you. I hope you get that 630-650.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i hope it works...i aquired alot of debt when i was in the military due to my own fault, had some collections etc...  but haven't had a late payment in almost 2 years and have been slowly paying off one collector at a time, and finally i have paid everything this month....every collection, and all my cc balances to zero...  im not expecting a 700 or anything but according to the fico simulator i should get up to a 640-650 range.... i just hope it works
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's hoping......

When you get your new score, post it for us so we can see if simulator was accurate or not.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The FICO simulator is intentionally very broad, to the point of being useless.

A detailed and reliable simulator, for any short term accuracy, would subject the scoring algorithm to reverse engineering, and that is something that FairIsaac would not do.

If you want a crystal ball for a year from now, then I would listen to what it says.  Anything shorter is useless.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.