cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does your FICO score get a bump up when you hit a one-yaar mark with good credit card hisotry?

tag
kchui1028
Contributor

Does your FICO score get a bump up when you hit a one-yaar mark with good credit card hisotry?

i have heard that Fico score typically go up little by little over the months, i'm wondering if there's any mark like a 1 year mark or 2 year mark  you have had a good credit card history (assuming it's my first credit card) , and it will increase your score higher than normal.

Anybody know because i've been monitoring my fako score month by month, and the score typically stay the same, month after month, i'm in my 7th month now.

I do not know if the FICO score jump up more rapidly or steadily month after month (as long as i keep record good & clean). Anybody that can claer that up?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does your FICO score get a bump up when you hit a one-yaar mark with good credit card hisotry?

You generally won't see any improvements due to paying on time. However, FICO will look at the age of the account and some on here, present company included, have seen modest gains when the age of a TL hits a major birthday. I've also seen gains when it hit a half-year birthday. I don't think there's a way to predict when the gain will happen (other than the gain that many get at the 1-year mark), but I've seen bumps at 9 years, 13.5 years, etc. It'll always be different for everyone based on the scoring bucket. Never discount the possibility of a gain at any anniversary, but it doesn't happen all the time. Most gains will be seen when the oldest revolving, installment, oldest overall, etc. , hits a milestone. Like with the individual age, AAoA plays in there as well. I saw gains at 3 years. YMMV on your credit of course.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.