Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't quite understand

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't quite understand

Hi everyone I'm still kind of new to credit and understanding my fico scores and etc. Today I got an alert saying my score has decresed from 624 to 596 I was quite shocked and really didn't udnerstand why until I viewed the alert and it listed some possibilities. I still don't really understand these possibilities so I was hoping you guys can help me out and understand it more a little bit thank you.

"Your FICO® score went down on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™. This can happen if:

• There was a change on your credit report that lowered your score but did not trigger an alert. For example, the balance on an account might have increased enough to lower your score, but not enough to trigger a balance increase alert.
  • You moved from one category of credit users to another as time passed. For example, you may have transitioned from the category "consumers with a new credit history" to the category "consumers with a two- to five-year credit history". As a result, your credit report is evaluated differently, causing a slight change in your score. The good news is that moving between categories like this usually offers you the potential to reach a higher FICO® score in the future."
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Don't quite understand

Welcome to the forums!

SW alerts don't show the full picture. You may want to pull a new EQ report from somewhere to look for any changes. Any number of things could have changed it like a dropped account, increased util, rebucketing, reclassified baddie, etc.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.