Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Posting by Scorewatch

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Double Posting by Scorewatch

so everytime i get a score alert it doubles up on everything .

when going down that is. 

but when a card is paid off it doesnt. 

it seems unlikely that my score tanked almost 70 points due to utilization and one new account (no inquiry)

from the 4% to 21% thats currently reporting.

5 cards reporting instead of two.

according to ck these are my cards right now 

Citizen's 0\5k

Citizen's 1176/2000 (actually its 800 now and planning on paying down too 400 before statement cuts)

Citizen's (400/500) will be paid off this month before statement cuts

Chase Freedom( 0/500) is actually 1k limit now and hasn't reported yet

Amex Zync-0

Best Buy-1739/2500 (1600 now waiting for update this week)(0% deal for 2 years and this is usually the only card i usually let report a balance)

Walmart-247/5k (already 0 hasnt updated yet)

Macy's 747/3.5k

American Eagle-0/700

Kohl's 0/400

obviously its alot but still 70 points to drop to 635!  

maybe i should let me freedom report a 650 balance since my score is tanked anyways.(0% interest until july anyways)

all will be paid off by march! and 4 of my inq will be a year old 

eq has my most inq's 

tu-6 eq-8 ex-7

after feb 8th though only the ones under a year are 

tu-5 eq-6 ex-5

and for fico purposes it actually one less on each because 2 inqs were for my car loan

all these cards should be paid off by their feb due dates aside from the best buy. 

any other ideas? 

i will try pulling my reports from annual credit after the 1st. 

and my fico reports sometime after that for the scores. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Double Posting by Scorewatch

The double alert is based on balance increases and is correctable if annoying. SW will alert you to balance increases. By default, one setting allows for an alert if your balance increases by $x. Another by default will alert you if your balance increases by x%. So, if the balance increases by x% and $x, then you'll get the double alerts for the same cards. Just select one of the two within settings to "N" for no and that'll correct that.

On the score drop, I can see a drop of 20-35 for increasing util to 21%, but that would depend on your profile. Inquiry a few points tops. I can see more if there was a new TL reporting due to that inquiry. Definitely check EQ for changes.

Message 2 of 5
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i can use my credit secure for amex to check all three reports but im going to wait a few more days to do that. 

i have no new inq's since 8-30

i do have one new account though. but it already reported.  i got a seperate alert for it and there was no drop or gain what-soever. 

since my aaoa is so tiny at 10 months, the opening the new account did not increase or decrease my aaoa

there was no inquiry for it. 

i just think its crazy too lose that many points for using your cards. 

i admit that according to my reports. 3 of the cards looks maxed... being 

best buy, my 500 citizens, and  my 2k citizens. 

ill just be glad when my score goes back up next month when these cards are pif.

walmart hasnt reported being paid yet so hopefully that will make my score jump 20 points =) who knows anymore. 

as for the alerts ill look at my settings.   

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 3 of 5
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

It's probably your utilization, and number of accounts with balances.  My EQ FICO was 711 in January when I had my reports optimized with only one account reporting a balance and below 9% of that card's CL.  I've been carrying balances on two cards at 0% for a while and decided to check my score recently. 

With the following, I was at 646 yesterday.

Amex SPG $4.9K/$27K

Chase Freedom $4723/$5500

Citi Forward $6132/$7000

I also had small balances reporting on my Amex Plat and PRG.

Because of having two cards maxed and balances on several accounts, it hit my score for 65 points. 

Chase Freedom updated to $0 today, and I got an SW alert that my score raised to 653, still 58 points below my 711.  My Amex SPG shoudl update to $2800 in a couple days (missed getting it under 10% because of some late posting transactions I forgot about), and Citi Forward should update to $2900 around Jan. 4 (might go ahead and pay this off, still debating as 0% goes through April).  I'm guessing I'll see a more substantial increase once the Forward is no longer maxed out, and certainly if I decide to go ahead and pay it the rest of the way down. 

In any event, my overall utilization is currently a bit higher than yours, so not precisely on point, but I think having a couple different cards with heavy individual utilization can have quite an effect.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

update from amex!

weird with 20% util my cs scores went up 3 points to 718. i know it a fako but at least amex deems me somewhat worthy. 

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.