Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double reports by Equifax?

tag
UtahTiger
Valued Member

Double reports by Equifax?

Yesterday Igot to score watch reports on my Equifax moniter.  I put $500 on a 20,000 credit card bring the balance to $1,400.  My score dropped 14 pts from 744 to 730.  I noticed that it was reported twice on the score watch and thought I saw someone on one of the boards about double reporting.  Is there anything I can do to correct this?  Is it effecting my credit score for the worse?

Starting Score: TU 630... EQ 630....EX FAKO 637
Current Score: TU 736... EQ 770....EX FACO 779
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Double reports by Equifax?

Are you saying that you got two alerts? (not reports) And now the account is listed twice on the SW report?

It probably happened because you had two different alert settings that triggered (balance increase + percentage increase, or the score change.) Sometimes when this happens, the account shows up twice on the SW report. It's a fluke with Scorewatch, which they keep thinking they've fixed, and then it's un-fixed. Smiley Tongue

The underlying full report isn't affected, and that's what your score is calculated from, so you should be OK. It's just a display fluke on the report that comes via Scorewatch, one that is apparently making the SW developers slightly nuts trying to fix.

(Note: SW is a joint project of Equifax and FICO, so I'm guessing that this increases the degree of difficulty in making fixes.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
UtahTiger
Valued Member

Okay...thanks!  I do have multiple score settings so that is probably the issue. 

Starting Score: TU 630... EQ 630....EX FAKO 637
Current Score: TU 736... EQ 770....EX FACO 779
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I once had three different accounts all showing up twice on my SW report. I could hear the grey hairs springing out. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.