Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down 12 Pts and Up 15!

tag
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Down 12 Pts and Up 15!

Ok so I'm going to try and learn not to stress over FICO changes too much. 

As I mentioned in another post, I received a SW alert on Wednesday saying that my score dropped 12 pts.  Wells Fargo suddenly reported 21 lates for a paid CO account I have with them.  I freaked and sent a letter immediately.  This morning I received another SW alert that my score has gone UP 15 pts.  The reason stated is:

Your FICO score may have gone up because the following 4 factors are not hurting your FICO score as much as before:

• You’ve recently missed a payment or the date of your most recent payment is unknown.
  • You’ve recently missed a payment or the date of your most recent payment is unknown.
So strange!  Like I said, I'm done trying to figure this thing out!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Down 12 Pts and Up 15!

Sounds like they removed the lates, congrats!

I always jump when I get one of those weird "double negatives" messages. It says that so-and-so is NOT hurting your score as much, and then it lists the awful things. When you first look at it, all you see are negatives, and it takes some reading to see that they're not an issue now (gone, older, recoded, whatever.) Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

kball, net effect +3. Woohoo.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Exactly.  I'm 5 pts away from being in the 600's on all 3.  I can't believe it!
Message 4 of 5
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Received SW alert yesterday - score down 15 pts again!  Same reason as before.  I think EQ is on drugs....

Message Edited by kball64 on 05-19-2008 01:30 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.