cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop in score... Help?!

tag
PINUP-INK

Drop in score... Help?!

So, I signed up for myfico getting lovely text messages everytime my score changes and I check it, only to find out that my score went from  674 to 651 a difference of 23 points this month.  I look further and they are citing high income to debt ratio on a single credit card I have (it has a $500 limit and  I charged some football tickets this month).  Long story short, as I look further at MYFICO's explanation of the drop in my score they listed the credit card twice. How in the hell can they do that?!?!?!

Not only that but I have also paid an additional $400 this month on a student loan payment, which brings my payoff balance to approx $425.00 (one more payment next month and I'm done!!!), shouldn't this help increase my score?

I am getting fed up with this entire system of keeping me from getting decent credit.

I have also emailed MYFICO about them listing my credit card twice and have not recd a response in the 24 hour period they claim they get back to you. SCUMBAGS.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Drop in score... Help?!

It sounds like your preferences in SW are set to alert you for util increase and balance changes. You might want to review your preferences and the double notification will stop.

Message 2 of 4
PINUP-INK

Thank you! Yes i did that.

The fico score changes just make no sense to me. It seems the more I try the worse my score gets! I just want to refinance my jeep!!!!!
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry about the drop. Charging a high balance in relation to the reported CL can result in a significant score change in some instances. For example, I gained 125 points by paying down util from 89% to 1% across several cards. Conversely, if I increased my over all util from 1% to 89% I'd lose as many (with everything else being equal). If the drop was due to the util changes alone then you'd regain those points the following month when you pay the card off (and it reports as such). 

Installment util is a tiny part of FICO scoring. Even if you paid the SL off tomorrow and reported $0, you aren't apt to see much, if any at all, score change. And that's a good thing otherwise we'd all get dinged heavily for adding a $300k mortgage, for example. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.