Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate account

I have a card that was compromised a few months ago. Now on my credit report it appears twice. The original account number shows "Payment status: Credit card lost or stolen" and the new one has payment history all the way back to the opening date. Is this hurting/helping my AAoA or is it excluded from scoring? Should I attempt to get the duplicate account removed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Duplicate account

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a card that was compromised a few months ago. Now on my credit report it appears twice. The original account number shows "Payment status: Credit card lost or stolen" and the new one has payment history all the way back to the opening date. Is this hurting/helping my AAoA or is it excluded from scoring? Should I attempt to get the duplicate account removed?

Interesting most banks removed the lost/stolen card these days. It is calculated into your AAoA so if its a relatively new account you would want to request it be deleted.

Message 2 of 4
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

I had the same thing happen with my SDFCU card.  It was flagged for fraud less than a week after I activated it.  I have three versions of the same card on my reports as the first card they sent didn't arrive. Multiple communications with their offices proved unsuccessful.   Best of luck to you!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me with my BuyPower card, they said it had been compromised and upped and sent a new card that came before the letter. The only reason I even knew about the new card was because when I called for a CLI they kept saying that is not the card number they had on file. Long story short that was 10 months ago, the account was marked as closed then the new card reported as a new account but with the original dates, the first week of October 2016 the original account finally was removed from my CRAs. I got several alerts that an account had been removed from Credit Karma, and sure enough it was it. I left it along. It didn't hurt because when the replacement reported the dates was the same and there was no score change when the old one removed. I say leave it unless it's unsightly to look at Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.