Frequent Contributor

E-mail from equifax

Have been frustrated with Equifax lately and unexplained drop of 8 points for no reason.
Got this mail from Equifax, due to the Bucket Syndrome.
At least it is good news.

We have received your email inquiry.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry and for the inconvenience you have experienced.

There are many reasons why your credit score may increase or decrease.

FICO

uses "Score Cards" which are used to group individual information on a credit report.

When accounts are placed on the Equifax Credit Report (TM), an individual "Score Card" is recorded.

Previously, you were in the best of a certain group. Your group may have been of higher risk to potential credit lenders. Once elements such as balances and entire accounts change on your credit report, you moved to a different comparison group, where you are now in a better overall group, but with lower than average standing.

Senior Contributor

Re: E-mail from equifax

Wow zman!!! Thanks a lot for that!

You've just confirmed from CRA that score buckets do indeed exist. :smileyhappy:

That is a relief to know. Now I won't go ballistic whenever my score takes a plunge! lol So it's not all bad when the scores drop. Just means you've "graduated".
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Frequent Contributor

Re: E-mail from equifax

Just received 5 of those points back a couple of days ago.

So equifax has me as 655 but my refi bank now has my middle score at 672 GEEEESSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH.

(Yes I had him pull again because it is within the 15-30 day window for mortgages and only counts as one 1 inquiry anyway)

Driving me crazy.  

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.